Tuesday 8 March 2016

Westernization or Convenience?

Here I am, again with a question. Hope you don’t start thinking of me as confused women. Overruling your derivations and giving importance to my own instincts which believe in the quote of Albert Einstein “Important thing is not to stop questioning”.
So the question is we truly moving towards western world or it is  just the matter of convenience?
Everyone opting for English over Hindi is a cause to prefer market trend or reason is that learning 26 letter is easy as compared to ‘Matra’ combination  (no offence please I believe Hindi to be the most expressive language in itself).
Choosing jeans over saree or suit ... saree is one of the most elegant attire under the world. But given a choice to most of today’s women they will prefer jeans cause takes milliseconds to get ready and of course washing is the last thing which comes to mind.
Our education system the biggest gift or curse of British, don’t know. They obviously gave us an easy option in comparison to slokas and the gurukul system which was neither easy nor available to everyone because our nation is inflicted by the termites of caste discrimination.  Likewise if we see around we all will have ample of examples.
All this leaves me contemplating about another section of my mind which believes in my own culture and sayings. Though English is easy but I am more comfortable in Hindi, let jeans be any much comfortable still I look the best in a saree. Westernization can influence our mind but our soul is and will be Indian.
Then why whole lot of oldies are screaming about westernization.......


No comments:

Post a Comment